Hi friends! Welcome to 2023, I hope this year brings you lots of happy memories and time with your loved ones. The time really is flying by and just like that it’s time for my new reading challenge for the year!
I have tried a few challenges over the years. Let’s recap:
- 2019 I created a list of different prompts and I attempted to read through 35 books
- 2020 I wanted to read 12 books in different genres
- 2021 I wanted to read only the books I already owned
- 2022 I tried to combine previous years’ challenges
Setting myself a new reading challenge for the 5th year in the row it got me thinking what could work to help me out of the reading rut.
If you’ve read my 2022 recap post – here – I picked up a lot of thrillers last year. Maybe, instead of setting out the titles of the books I want to read, it will help if I pick genres I want to read more of.
For example I read nonfiction and memoirs and really enjoyed them. So in 2023 I’d like to pick up more of those. In addition, I really enjoy historical fiction, so I’ll add this to the list too.
To help with tracking and seeing the progress of the books I read, I also made a 2023 reading tracker that I will be able to use as a bookmark in the future,
With all of the above said, here’s my 2023 Reading Challenge:
- Read more nonfiction – at least 10% overall
- Read more historical fiction – at least 10% overall
- Pick up at least 1 book from a genre I’ve never read before
- Read more library books – at least 5% overall
- Reduce NetGalley shelf by 50% (current shelf has 14 books to be read)
- Don’t buy any new books in 2023!
- Join a book club!
- Complete the challenge
Do you set yourself challenges at the beginning of the year? Do you complete those, and if not, do you feel down or just think new year brings new opportunities? 🙂