For the past three years, I’ve started the year off with a challenge, and as with the goals I never actually get around to complete the challenge.
My most successful challenge was the first one in 2019 where I had a list of different prompts and I attempted to read through 35 books. Granted, I didn’t complete all of it, I got through an impressive amount of books. 2020 Challenge was to read 12 books in different genres. All I learnt from that challenge was that sometimes sticking to what you know is for the best! If my memory serves me well, I didn’t get around to 3 of those 12 books, and DNFd (did not finish) two. And in 2021 I attempted to read 21 books that I already own. A miserable fail because I was in a slump for the majority of the year. I picked up a couple of the books from the list, but put them back on the shelf pretty soon after.
Now, for the 4th year I want to combine my previous challenges a little bit. With that said, I am challenging myself to read 12 books that I already own, each have a prompt that helped me pick those books.
- Finish the last book in the series – The King of Crows
- Recommended by a friend – The Marriage Pact
- Author who’s first and last name start with the same letter – The White Spider
- Complete a book that you started last year, but never finished – 11.22.63
- A book picked by your partner (or a friend/family member/pet etc.) – The Book Thief
- A book everyone read in school but you didn’t – The Lord of the Flies
- Read a psychological thriller – The Burning House
- An author you’ve read from before – Good Girl, Bad Blood
- A book not written in English – Minu Turbani Saladus
- A book under 250 pages – The Bluest Eye
- A book set in one of your favourite places/holiday destinations – How the One-Armed Sister Sweeps Her House
- Read a non-fiction – Into Thin Air
Feel free to join in with the challenge and pick 12 books from your shelf to read through 2022. There is no set month or time to read the chosen books, just get through them before the end of the year 🙂
Happy, and stressfree, reading everyone!